Opinions expressed by content contributors do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Libertarian Party of Delaware.
Official LPD releases will be denoted as such.

Welcome to the Libertarian Party of Delaware home page. Please follow the links to the right for additional information or scroll down for news and updates.

News & Updates

Monday, August 23, 2021

LPD Q2 May 2021 State Board Meeting Minutes

 

LPD Q2 May 2021 State Board Meeting Minutes

Attendance:

Meeting called to order at 12:46 EDT.

  1. Approval of agenda

    1. Will 1st, Mary Part 2nd to add “Firing of the Web Master right after the approval of the minutes” to the agenda. Passed 8-0-1.

    2. Dayl 1st, Nadine 2nd to adopt the agenda as amended. Passed 8-0-1.

  2. Reading and approval of minutes from previous meeting

    1. Will 1st, Mary Pat 2nd to amend the minutes in section 8.b.i. to specify what the vulgar comment was and include all vulgar comments or remove mention of the vulgar comment.

    2. Dayl 1st to amend the amend to say “remove mention of the vulgar comment form section 8.b.i. from the minutes.

    3. Will made a point of order to ask the Chair Brad Thomas to have a vote on deleting it and move on. Brad did so. Passed. 7-1-0. ACTION ITEM #1: Fix 8.b.i.

    4. John 1st, Dayl 2nd to waive the reading of the minutes as amended. Passed 8-0-1.

  3. Firing of the Web Master right after the approval of the minutes

    1. Discussion had on this topic

    2. Bill Hinds joined the meeting via Zoom at 13:08 EDT.

    3. Vern 1st, Will 2nd to call the question. Passed 7-0-2.

    4. Passed 1-7-1. Will asked that the roll call be shown: Will: aye, Mary Pat: Nay, John: Nay, Dayl: Nay, Vern: Nay, Ian: Nay, Nadine: Nay, Jimmy: Nay, Brad: Abstain.

  4. Treasurer’s/County/SMM/Data and Tech Committee Report’s: Request in writing for amendment to minutes NLT 7 May 2021

    1. Amy LePore and Dylan left the meeting at 13:52 EDT

    2. Nadine 1st, John 2nd, to postpone as stated in the agenda with the exception of the Treasurer’s report.

      1. Passed. 8-0-1.

      2. Krista Graham left at 14:00 EDT.

    3. Treasurer’s Report: The LPD has $7,516.83 in the bank. In this past quarter, the LPD has received $2,864.86 from PayPal, $1005.76 in the Campaign Fund, and $3,646.21 in the general fund (originally reported as $3,670.38, but $24.17 was had a hold because it was to be used by SMM for Google Cloud stuff).

      1. THIS STILL LEAVES A DIFFERENCE OF $0.70 THAT ISN’T ACCOUNTED FOR!

  5. Old Business

    1. Voter Outreach: 2046/2130 (+84)

      1. NCCo: 1207/1243 (+36)

      2. KCCo: 399/414 (+15)

      3. SusCo: 440/473 (+33)

        1. Will asked if caucus affiliation was know. Brad said that it wasn’t. Mary Pat asked if we know the number of people who have left. Brad said it is not known.

      4. Beer Settlement

        1. Brad and Dayl will both chip in $10.00 each to fulfill the beer settlement for this quarter.

    2. 2021 Convention

      1. Audio/Visual

        1. Broadcasting and voting

        2. ACTION ITEM #2: DAYL TO CONTACT DYLAN ABOUT INTERNET CONNECTIVITY

        3. ACTION ITEM #3: DAYL AND WILL TO GET TOGETHER THIS WEEK AND THE WHOLE LPD BEFORE MAY 22ND TO HAVE A MOCK CONVENTION TO TEST VIDEO/AUDIO/RECORDING ABILITIES.

        4. Dayl 1st, Mary Pat 2nd to have credentialed LPD members in person at the 2021 convention vote by paper ballot and not by Discord. Only those who are joining the convention via Discord and not physically in person at the convention be able to vote by Discord.

          1. Chair called a 5 minute recess at 14:17 EDT.

          2. Chair allowed an extension of the recess at 14:26 EDT.

          3. Reconvened 14:27

          4. Bill Hinds left at 14:27 EDT

          5. Motion passed 7-1-1.

      2. Winery POC

        1. Will 1st, Vern 2nd to suspend the rules and jump to item 7.b. (See below). This vote needs 2/3 of the vote to jump to item 7.b. It got 2/3 of the vote and passed 8-0-1.

          1. Please go to item 7.b. below to see what happened and then come back here for the rest of the meeting.

        2. ACTION ITEM #4: Dayl to contact Irene to get the LPD convention receipts and contract. Mary Pat.

        3. Will 1st, Nadine 2nd to make Mary Pat the LPD contact between the LPD and Pizzadili Winery. Passed 6-0-1.

          1. It was brought up that the initial motion pertaining to this, only having Will and Nadine on the ballot to be the contact for the LPD to Pizzadili was brought up. It became moot when Mary Pat stepped up to do it and was voted to do it at this meeting.

      3. Silent Auction

        1. Will 1st, Ian 2nd to move that we select Nadine to run the Silent Auction and that she have responsibility for collecting donations, managing bids, and turn over the proceeds to the LPD Treasurer, along with any necessary reporting information. Furthermore, Nadine has within her discretion to extend the silent auction into Friday (Saturday is a given). She will let us know what she decides.

        2. Dayl offered to cover the difference between the money the LPD felt it is owed for the Day of Liberty proceeds and what is actually received, as he believes that the Day of Liberty organizers are trustworthy and will turn over all proceeds. This idea was quickly shot down and the board went forward with the plan as stated in the motion above in item 5.b.iii.1

        3. Mary Pat 1st, Will 2nd to call the question. Needs 2/3. Passed. 7-0-1.

        4. Motion passes 7-0-1.

      4. Amend/rescind $200 for fliers and discuss composition and proceeds of convention related events

        1. Will 1st, Mary Pat 2nd to rescind $200 reimbursement for fliers to Day of Liberty.

          1. Will asked the Chair if receipts presented by a Day of Liberty official were to be presented to the LPD Treasurer right now, prior to the motion on the floor, would the LPD be obligated to pay back the money indicated on those receipts. Chair Brad Thomas indicated that yes, the LPD Treasurer would. Mary Pat added that the money would come out of the general fund.

          2. Dayl 1st, John 2nd to amend the current motion to change the $200 for fliers to a $200 contribution for a table.

            1. Mary Pat 1st, Dayl 2nd to call all pending questions: Passed 6-0-2 (Will and Brad abstained).

          3. Amendment failed 2-4-2 (John and Dayl aye, Will, Mary Pat, Nadine, and Jimmy nay, Ian and Brad abstained).

          4. Motion passed 4-2-2- (Will, Mary Pat, Nadine and Jimmy nay, Dayl and John nay, Brad and Ian abstained).

        2. Will asked the Chair for a 2 minute recess. The Chair agreed. Two minute recess called at 15:50 EDT.

          1. Meeting reconvened at 15:53 EDT.

        3. Discussion had.

        4. Will 1st, Mary Pat 2nd to add an extra hour to the 2021 Convention on Saturday, June 5th, that Will would contact speakers, and Mary Pat will contact the venue regarding table space, pending negotiations with Day of Liberty organizers regarding reconciliation.

          1. Ian 1st to amend the current motion to delay action on our plan b until we see if we can work things out with Day of Liberty/Liberty Speaks. Discussion had. Ian retracted his amendment. Mary Pat asked about the negotiations and that the negotiations should be as transparent.

          2. Mary Pat 1st, Will 2nd to call the question Passed 7-0-1 (Brad abstain)

          3. Main motion passed 7-0-1 (Brad abstained)

          4. Nadine and Ian left at 16:37 EDT.

        5. Recess called by Chair at 16:38 EDT.

        6. Carol More left at approximately 16:40 EDT.

        7. Reconvened at 16:44 EDT.

      5. Formal Invitations need sent (informal date previously sent/needs location and time):

        1. Joe Bishop-Henchman

        2. Mrs. Hogarth

        3. Mr. Valente

        4. Dr. Jim Lark

          1. Will 1st, Dayl 2nd to reimburse up to $30 on stationary to send out invitations to the four people listed above and also to Dr. Jo Jorgensen.

            1. Motion passed 5-0-1 (Brad abstained)

  6. New Business:

    1. Dayl asked if anyone had anything that needed to be addressed concerning the 2021 LPD Convention. Jimmy asked if the convention is outside. Jimmy also brought up the need for a PA system. We have a projector and screen, but need sound. Jimmy is going to see if his PA system is proficient enough to project the sound. If not, we can rent.

      1. ACTION ITEM #5: JIMMY TO BRING HIS PA SYSTEM FOR THE CONVENTION

    2. Will made a request to Brad that he needs to be on Discord at least once a day. If Brad doesn’t show up in 48 hours, the chair pro tempore will take over to keep things moving.

  7. Ad Hoc Review: Request in writing for amendment to minutes NLT 7 May 2021

    1. Dayl to reach out to Will to get help with this (like on the Google Group).

    2. AoA Committee recommendations:

      1. Quarterly Party Status Reports

        1. Vern 1st, Jimmy 2nd move to adopt the first report from the 2021 Q2 AoA Committee Report. Discussion had. Will 1st, Ian 2nd to table this until the LPD 2021 Q3 Meeting. Passed 6-2-1. Tabled until LPD 2021 Q3 Meeting.

      2. State Board Ad Hoc Transparency

        1. Mary Pat 1st, John 2nd move to adopt item 2 of the 2021 Q2 AoA Committee Report.

          1. Passed 8-0-1.

      3. Regular State Board Meeting Transparency

        1. Vern 1st, Dayl 2nd move to adopt item number 3 of the 2021 Q2 AoA Committee Report Passed 8-0-1.

      4. Allow Odd Year Nominations

        1. Vern 1st, Dayl 2nd move to adopt item number 4 of the 2021 Q2 AoA Committee Report.

          1. Passed 8-0-1.

          2. Vern left at 14:55 EDT.

          3. Please return to item 5.b.ii.2 for the continuation of the meeting.

    3. Discord Management

      1. Discussion had on keeping on top of all the posts on Discord, such as checking it once a day. Will will work on a Discord Bot to pin messages through replying to a message at his leisure.

    4. Next Meeting: To be determined at the 2021 LPD State Convention by the new state board

  8. Brad 1st, John 2nd to adjourn. Chair called the meeting adjourned at 17:05 EDT.

ACTION ITEMS:

ACTION ITEM #1: Fix 8.b.i.

          ACTION ITEM #2: DAYL TO CONTACT DYLAN ABOUT INTERNET CONNECTIVITY

          ACTION ITEM #3: DAYL AND WILL TO GET TOGETHER THIS WEEK AND THE WHOLE LPD BEFORE MAY 22ND TO HAVE A MOCK CONVENTION TO TEST VIDEO/AUDIO/RECORDING ABILITIES.

          ACTION ITEM #4: Dayl to contact Irene to get the LPD convention receipts and contract. Mary Pat.

        ACTION ITEM #5: JIMMY TO BRING HIS PA SYSTEM FOR THE CONVENTION


CHAT BOX:

12:50:40 From LPD: Thanks Carol!

13:10:50 From Bill Hinds: Did Sean specifically ask you not to go the Wheelies last weekend?

13:11:26 From Bill Hinds: That question is for Will

13:12:32 From LPD: I've passed your question on to the chair.

13:51:43 From Amy LePore: I need to hop off the call to attend an event, Dayl. I am unable to hear well anyway. I am certain you and Brad will properly address all concerns.

13:52:31 From LPD: Thank you Amy. I'll talk with you soon.

14:14:46 From Carol Moore: Online voting bad without STRICT STRICT STRICT controls, IMHO.

14:19:14 From LPD: Agreed Carol. Thank you for sharing.

14:21:17 From Carol Moore: So are you done? Half paying attention.

14:24:17 From LPD: No. We are in recess.

15:54:12 From LPD: Carol, are you still with us?

16:08:59 From Carol Moore: yup... getting some good ideas...

16:29:29 From LPD: Okay, great! Thanks for letting me know Carol.

16:39:41 From Carol Moore: Staying on good terms and kicking ass when you need to is always a delicate balancing act.

No comments:

Post a Comment